Jan 22, 2011

UM Go Club on Foursquare and Twitter

Inspired by the idea that people might want to let others know when they are at the go club I registered us with both Foursquare and Twitter.

Foursquare is a location-based service for smartphones. Users "check in" with an app or on the web. Doing this gives you points and badges. Only one person can be the "mayor" of a venue. I just created my own account and I have never checked in anywhere, so I'm not the best person to explain it, but Wikipedia seems to do a decent job. Our foursquare venue id is 14485005. Let's see who becomes mayor!

Twitter is probably familiar to you. Our ID is UMGoClub (so, twitter.com/umgoclub); I've also put the feed on our sidebar (to the left here). Twitter will be useful for making real-time announcements about the club.

No comments: